Friday, September 7, 2007

Gluten Free Mexican Chili



Tonight I wanted tacos for dinner. Darn! We didn't have any taco shells. I WANTED TACOS!! So I decided to make up some Mexican Chili. Um, I'm not Mexican, and don't even know if they MAKE chili and if they did, what it would taste like, so please don't let the name fool you into thinking this is REAL Mexican Chili.

I put in 2 large cans of diced tomatoes. 1 can of sliced black olives. 1 jar of salsa. 1 can of pinto beans. The equivalent of 1 can of corn (I used corn I cut off the cob from our garden). 3 green peppers. 1 onion. 1 lb ground beef. 1 lb ground turkey. Taco seasoning. 1 large bag of cut up onion greens (from our garden that I had precut and froze a while ago). Some gf shredded cheese.



I browned the turkey & beef until done. Just before it was done I threw in the cut up onions and green peppers. I drained the meat & veggies. Put it in a big pot and added the taco seasoning. I added A LOT of taco seasoning. Once the taco seasoning was well stirred into the meat and veggies, I threw in all the rest of the ingredients. I let it cook for 30 minutes, and served it hot! VERY good!

For Adrian's (Celiac Disease) I didn't put cheese on it, because we didn't have any GF cheese on hand. I threw in a couple rice crisps and he LOVED it.

For tomorrow, I'm going to take the leftovers and add a can of refried beans to thicken it up. I'll put it in the bottom of a cake pan and cover it with GF shredded cheese. Throw it in the oven until the cheese melts up nice and serve it with corn tortilla chips as a nice "bean" dip! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment