Sunday, September 9, 2007

Squeaky Clean

I've been wanting to make my own soap for a while, but never seem to have the time, ingredients or energy to do it. With a little free time on my hands tonight, I decided to tackle the art of soap making.

I had attempted to make soap about 6 months ago, but it royall flopped. Tonight, though, I used a different way of making it and it is sooooo much better!
It was a cross between this and this. I also found some helpful tips from here and here.

Even though I stirred and stirred it before glopping it into the mold, there did seem to be some excess oil left on top. I was told by a soap maker, though, that once it is cut up it will dry out with no problems.

I used bayberry FO and Tea Tree Oil EO for scent and just a dab of shea butter to make it a little smoother. Unfortunately, I don't think I used enough fragrance, but that is fine. A lesson learned for the next time I make soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment