Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Gramma's Hands

These hands, holding a crochet hook and yarn, embellished with rings she has collected through the years, are some of the most beautiful hands I've ever seen. These hands worked themselves raw in factories as she raised her 4 children on her own. These hands are the hands of a nurse by profession and a nurturer by heart. These hands bandaged up my boo-boos and felt for my fevers. They squeezed mine 3 times to tell me "I.Love.You". These hands held my mother as she cried her first cries after birth. These hands held me as I cried my first cries right after birth. These hands held my son as he cried his first cries after birth. She is a mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, nurse, wife ... and all around wonderful woman.
I love you gramma.

1 comment: