Friday, March 20, 2009

Gluten Free Egg Soup


Seeing as my son has Celiac Disease and we have a bunch of chickens (and an overabundance of eggs) I was trying to come up with a recipe that uses the eggs, is gluten free and that everyone would like. In doing so, I came up with this! It is different from the normal egg drop soup because I add more stuff.

Ingredients:
5 eggs (beaten)
2 cups cooked rice
1 large onion diced
minced garlic
olive oil
*1 TBS gf bullion paste
*15 ounces water
2 heaping TBS Parmesan cheese

** The *'s can be replaced with 1 14.5 can of gf chicken stock if you'd like.


In a pot, heat olive oil. Once it is heated up, add diced onions and minced garlic. Here I add black pepper and some savory chicken seasoning (garlic, sweet pepper blend). Once onions break down, add the bullion paste, stir and then add the 15 ounces of water. Bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the beaten eggs. Turn off heat immediately. The hot soup will cook the eggs on it's own. Stir in the 2 cups of cooked rice. Stir in the 2 heaping TBS of Parmesan cheese.

There ya go! It is a great "sick day" soup. My kids like it any day, though! :)

3 comments:

  1. I just found you through a crochet pattern search. My daughter also has Celiac Disease! I can't wait to try out this recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup looks yummy. Makes me think of my favorite reason to go to a chinese food restaurant--Egg Drop Soup! I have never had much success making it at home, as my eggs turn out more scrambled than fluffy. I will give your recipe a try. I hope that all is well since you haven't oisted in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for thinking of me. :) Yes, all is good. We've just been really busy lately. :) I've updated the blog now. :) :)

    ReplyDelete