Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Homeschooling Curriculum

I've done nothing but check out different curriculum for the entire week.  What can we afford?  What will work well for Timmy?  What will be up to NY's standards?  A friend of mine suggested Time4Learning.com and I'm so happy she did.  We "enrolled" Timmy in their first grade curriculum and it is so great.  It teaches language, language arts, science, math and social studies.  It is easy for my six year old to navigate and teaches him in a fun way.  I'm so glad that we have found this curriculum.  They teach, test and play games with him.  They keep track of his progress, what he has accomplished, and his attendance. 
I've supplemented the T4L curriculum with information from TheHeadOfTheClass.com  They have tons of interactive stuff, worksheets to print out and more!  I've also purchased 4 different workbooks to use with him. 

I'm so glad I decided to take him out of school.  He is LOVING the learning he is doing at home.  I love to see that gleam in his eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment