Monday, February 14, 2011

Pretty anticlimatic

As I was driving out of the driveway today to go to the "big meeting" at the school, my darn van slid and went off the driveway and got stuck in the snow.  I ended up calling the school and letting them know that I'd be late.  The hubby tried to pull the van out, but wasn't successful, so I ended up taking his truck to the school.  I was about 20 minutes late.  *sigh*  Not the impression I wanted to give for this meeting.
When we got there everyone was very civil.  Ella Ames was absent.  Odd, since she was listed on the paperwork as someone that would be there.
Everything that we suggested to the school for something for Timmy was met with "Hmm... we'll see.  I'll have to talk to Ella Ames about that before I can approve it."
Modified school day: We've never done that before.  I don't know if we can.  I'll have to talk to Ella Ames first.
Riding the pre-k bus: I'm not sure.  I'll have to talk to Ella Ames about it.
Upping his speech therapy back to the 3 times a week that he was on before they cut it because they said he didn't have a speech and language issue: I'll have to talk to Ella Ames about that as well.
So ... we really are nowhere.  We really didn't progress at all.  I was told that they would discuss this with Ella Ames and they'd call me for another meeting.
In the meantime ... I guess we just wait.  Ugh.

On a side note ...
The van is now unstuck.  It took my husband *6 hours* to get it out of the snow.  We called AAA and had a tow truck come out twice, but the tow company refused to winch it out because they were afraid they'd get stuck too.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment