Sunday, June 26, 2011

Gluten free cinnamon rolls! Nom!

I'm an avid follower of Crystal's blog Money Saving Mom. This past week she published a recipe for cinnamon rolls. The recipe wasn't for gluten free cinnamon rolls, but I just tweaked it a bit to work for us.
The week before she had published a recipe for baking mix. This is like Bisquick. You just make it at home and put it in the freezer and use it as you need it. I love this idea, but of course, we need to make it gluten free. So I whipped up a gluten free version of it. All I did was substitute gluten free flour (there are many different blends you can make) for the regular flour in her recipe.
I was really surprised by how well it worked up. I may have used a little less milk than the recipe suggested, though. We all know how sticky and goopy gluten free stuff can be when you are mixing and stuff. I was able to nicely knead and roll this out.
Here it is ready to get cut up and go in the oven!


I ended up baking it longer than suggested. I don't know if it was the difference in the flours or what, but it took about 20 minutes for ours to be done.

And I know this next pic isn't a spectacular one. I forgot to take a pic until I had already started eating them! They were a HUGE hit in our family. Having the two boys that can only eat gluten free, they miss out on stuff sometimes. Having the rest of us NOT be gluten free, we normally don't eat the GF stuff because we prefer regular. These, though, were delicious for EVERYONE. So much so, that the kids were begging for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment